In the movies, the star always reinvents themselves when they’ve been cruelly dumped or lost their job.
Online gurus often come with tales of reinvention following having “only $7 in their pocket”, sleeping in their car, or overcoming a life-threatening illness.
Reinventing yourself after experiencing any of these traumatic things is astounding and worthy of praise. However, you don’t have to wait until you’re single or at rock bottom to start redesigning your life.
Yes, coming through a painful divorce is the perfect time to reinvent yourself, but so is becoming a mum for the first time (or the second time, or the third).
Leaving your job to start your own business requires that you reinvent yourself, but so does getting a small promotion in your corporate career - especially if you’re looking to get future promotions.
As women, we put ourselves last – taking care of our style, health or general wellbeing on a “just in time” basis, rather than prioritizing these aspects of our lives that are so essential to success.
Don’t wait until you’re forced to change, accept that change is inevitable. Expect its arrival before it appears and demolishes the life you have spent years building for yourself.
Your image influences how people perceive you – and how you feel about yourself influences your image.
Therefore, if your life is changing, it makes sense that your style evolves too.
Reinventing your style is no different from reinventing any other area of your life. As we “grow up”, we continuously face external and internal challenges that can make us re-evaluate our style.
However, if you wait for your style/life mismatch to be solved by itself, you will likely end up feeling unattractive, insecure and unhappy.
Read on to discover how you can start to go about reinventing your style …
9 Simple Steps For Reinventing Your Style
- Your style constantly evolves. As the seasons change, you change (your habits, your colors, your desires), and your style needs to change with you.
- Your style is the mirror of your current mood. If you don’t like the way you feel, just change the way you dress. You’ll instantly feel better.
- When you feel down on the inside, change something on the outside. The reason you’re frustrated is because your style is not reflecting who you really are and what you have on the inside.
- Get clear on what you want. Are you reinventing yourself because you started a new business or career, for example? Figure out what you need to do to express who you are – and who it is you aspire to be.
- Keep up with who you are becoming. Like it or not, your life is in a state of continual transformation. If you feel “stuck”, it’s likely that you’re resisting change. The more you hold on to the “old you”, the more difficult the shift to the “new you” will be.
- Constant re-evaluation is a must. The only way to avoid getting overwhelmed is to anticipate the surprise. Take time to re-inspect your wardrobe and your style regularly. Ditch the clothes/accessories/products that are no longer serving you and replace them with things that are more aligned with the future you envision for yourself.
- Surround yourself with a supportive girl gang. Everything's easier when you have people cheering you on. And let's’ be honest, our family and life-long friends aren't always our best cheerleaders when it comes to change…
- Get a mentor or a coach. No one ever got to the top on their own. Why risk getting it wrong when you could guarantee to get it right? Besides, you’ll get to the top much faster if you have someone there to hold your hand and carry your metaphorical bags.
- Remember - you have the chance to start fresh anytime you want. If you’re not happy with your image, or the results it’s getting for you, there’s nothing to stop you restarting from scratch at any moment. Go ahead and shed the skin that’s holding you back - the worst that can happen is that you’ll feel amazing!
I’m not saying that it’s easy to reinvent yourself or to redesign your style. But the longer you wait, the further away you’ll get from the incredible, confident and stylish woman you could be.
There’s no need to go it alone. And, believe it or not, you don’t need an A-list star’s bank balance to get support and advice from a professional Style Coach & Image Consultant.
In my new membership club, The Stylish Female Society – The VIP Club, you’ll find all the help and guidance you’ll need to reinvent yourself from the inside out and embrace that fabulous life you know you are destined to live!
To find out how you can get your first month’s membership for only €7 plus some AMAZING bonuses, click here…
Veronika Nemeth is a Style Coach & Image Consultant, based in Milan, Italy. She works with ambitious businesswomen and female entrepreneurs who have a desire to create a unique & authentic image that enhances both their professional & personal lives.
Veronika’s mission is to empower women to build wildly successful businesses & lives by creating a confident, authentic & stylish personal brand.
Do you want to upgrade your style and your life?
Download my free style guide and be ready to get visible!
Get my style tips & news straight into your inbox!
Are you ready to invest in yourself?
Book your complimentary Image Evaluation with me now - I can’t wait to speak with you!